Monday, February 23, 2009

Update: CY, FCX and new pick: DELL

Long CY is not working as expected.  We were looking for the big break-out and it seems to be breaking down.  It's within earshot of the sell stop, so we'll stick to our discipline.  Same with MRVL, which hit the sell-stop and I got out with a 4% loss.






Long FCX still bouncing around below resistance and I'm still expecting an upside breakout, but my sell stop is currently at $26.







Long Dell is the new kid.  I know this chart looks ugly with a sell off last week on HPQ's lousy number.  I got some dirt cheap at $8.10 pre-market on Friday.  It had an "almost outside reversal day" on Friday and I may be able to pull 10% off on a swing trade.  Earnings come out Thursday after close and I'm very hesitant to hold it that long.  Low risk only here.

2 comments:

  1. Much of what is in that screen are Swings and scalps... they are rarely good for longer than a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, sir. Last week was a tough one, no question. Which sectors/ stocks have been good for more than a few days? other than shorts, gold and silver? I do day-trade some stocks, indices and ultra-indices, and I don't always put those up. The exercises in technical analysis is helpful, but I'm still a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete