Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ritholtz' book gets douched

Few blogs have actually made me money, but Barry Ritholtz' Big Picture is one.  This site has helped me to navigate my way through the financial markets these past 3 years and I can honestly say that his spot on analysis has directly influenced my investment choices that have saved me from severe losses in my retirement portfolio.

So, it comes as no surprise that the owner of S&P, one of the ratings agencies that is clearly implicated in the current economic meltdown, put the kibosh on publication of Ritholtz' book which is critical of S&P.  In fact, reading Ritholtz' account convinces me that S&P is likely ground zero in the mis-rating of financial products that has led to levered losses throughout the world's markets.

No doubt someone will publish Barry Ritholtz' Bailout Nation, and one could only imagine that this controversy will help propel the book to iconic status.

No comments:

Post a Comment