In February I funded my IRA and split the total among the 4 Dow Dogs. After six months, they are up cumulatively 7.8% plus 2.1% dividend over that period for a total return of 9.9%. This beats the S&P index handily. The best performing holding has been Dupont (DD) and the worst has been Merck (MRK). Verizon (VZ) and Kraft (KFT) have been near the index performance.